Date and Place: April, 26th 2016, 12h00, CRM room A2 (first floor)
Speaker: Antonio Díaz (Universidad de Málaga)
Title: On Quillen's conjecture for p-solvable groups
Abstract: Quillen's conjecture on the p-subgroups complex was figured out for solvable and p-solvable groups in the 80's and 90's thanks to the work of Quillen, Aschbacher, Smith and Alperin. Here we present a fresh new geometric approach to the subject. This includes an asymptotic version for the p-solvable case that does not use the Classification of the Finite Simple Groups. The methods are potentially applicable to the general case of the conjecture.
This semester we will read Benson-Greenlees paper "Stratifying the derived category of cochains on $BG$ for $G$ a compact Lie group".
Our aim will be study the results and see if we can generalize them to the $p$-compact case. The tentative schedule is the following:
1) February 19th. W. Pitsch. Overview
2) March 4th. L. Carlier. Tensor triangualted categories
3) April 1st. T. Lozano. $p$-compact groups
4) April 15th. W. Pitsch. Stratification I
5) April 29th. W. Pitsch Stratification II
6) May 6th. J. Kock Stratification III
7) May 13rd. R. Riba. $C^\ast(BG,k)$
8) May 20th N. Castellana. $C^\ast(BG,k)$ is noetherian
Date and place: Fridays 12h00-13h00, CRM Room A1.
Date and Place: April, 29th 2016, 12h00, CRM room A1
Speaker: Wolfgang Pitsch (UAB)
Title: Stratification of triangulated categories II
Abstract: Presentaré un esbozo de la teoría de estratificación de categorías trianguladas R-lineales, R un anillo noeteriano, segun Benson-Iyengar-Krause.